On Saturday night, I went out with some friends to a local bar downtown. When I gave my ID over to the bartender to buy a beer, he looks up at me and says, “Your hair is a different color.” I was like, “Yeah. Dyed it. That happens.” He continues to look back and forth between the ID and me and eventually asks me if I care to let his manager look at it. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. He actually thought that the photo on the ID was a different person!
When I look at any photo of me, I still see that same girl. It’s really nice to know that what I see isn’t what other people see. Now I need to work on getting MYSELF to acknowledge that I
look like am a totally different person!
So you’re in bed. You’re snug. You’re cosy. You don’t want to get out ever! But here’s 9 yoga poses to help your sleepy self get up.
1. Savasana- just chill for a bit and breath deeply and enjoy that sun streaming in
2. Cobra- stretch that back like the crazy cat you are
3. Extended child’s pose- now stretch your back the other way. Your covers come off too. Magic!
4. Camel pose- now sit on your knees and throw your arms back to your toes like some sort of shawshank redemption prison break.
5. Forward bend- now stand up on those sexy pins and try not to fall off the bed
6. Pigeon pose- almost there. Are you smiling yet? You should be you sexy minx bird of paradise
7. Seated forward fold- touch your toes! Wiggle them and giggle at your cuteness
8. Kneeling side plank variation- stretch that delish body of yours and try not to blind yourself at how radiant you are
9. Meditation- don’t think just yet. Just enjoy that beautiful stillness
Now step off that cosy bed of yours and sashay the fuck out of bed. Namaste.